Using Music App On Apple Watch
You can also play any music with your watch as long as you have some songs downloaded to it. This is just like using the Music app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch where theres no Wi-Fi involved and everything runs off of a local connection instead.
This works without issue since the playlist options will be the same whether youre using LTE or something like Bluetooth headphones, but it does mean that theres no streaming option.
However, this is a great workaround for not using cellular data to listen to music while running errands without your phone nearby.
Spotify Now Lets You Download Songs On Your Apple Watch
Spotify has finally rolled out the ability to download your favorite playlists, albums, and podcasts on Apple Watch. All users are already able to play tracks, albums, playlists, and podcasts, and now Premium users will also be able to download everything theyâre listening to for a true offline and phone-free experience.–read more
This functionality will work on any Apple Watch from the Series 3 on up. Youll need to be running at least WatchOS 6. Its also important to make sure you have the latest version of the app and a Spotify Premium account.
Add Music To Your Apple Watch
When you add your music to the Apple Watch, you can listen to it even if you dont have access to your iPhone.
Using the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, you can add individual playlists and albums to your Apple Watch. If you have an Apple Music subscription, you may also add music to your Apple Watch via the Music app.
If youre an Apple Music user, you dont have to pick specific music to put on your Apple Watch. The music youve recently listened to is immediately added to your playlist.
Heres how to add music to the Apple Watch using your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
2. Go to My Watch and tap Music.
Image source: imore.com
3. Tap Add Music under Playlists & Albums.
Image source: imore.com
4. To sync music to your Apple Watch, choose albums and playlists.
5. Your music will be added when your Apple Watch is plugged in and close to your phone.
If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can use your Apple Watch to add music. Heres how to do it.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Apple Music On Firestick
Transfer Amazon Music To Apple Watch
Make sure your Apple Watch is on the charger and turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone by clicking > . Fire up the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then click the option. Upload the converted music from Amazon Music you love to your Apple Watch by choosing > .
No matter you want to listen to Amazon Music on Apple Watch 4 or stream Amazon Music on Apple Watch 3, as well as Amazon Music on Apple Watch 5, it could be easier ever with the help of TunesKit software. Your music experience will be more enchanting with the joining of Amazon Music as Amazon Music possesses a large music library.
Spotify On Apple Watch: Supported Features
Spotify has been rolling out lots of features for the Apple Watch. Being able to download music and podcasts gives you the ability to listen to Spotify music on the watch without a network connection and phone. Check out what kinds of features you can enjoy on Apple Watch.
1. Play, pause, and skip music and podcasts
With a Spotify account, you can control the playback of Spotify music on the Apple Watch. You can pause and skip forward and back the music.
2. Stream directly from your watch
You can control Spotify playback from your wrist if youre subscribing to any Premium Plan on Spotify.
3. Listen offline and without your phone
Offline playback is being rolled out to all Premium users. Thus, you can download playlists and podcasts to Apple Watch for offline use.
4. Save your favorites to your Spotify library
Spotify for Apple Watch supports saving tracks you like to your library. Tap the heart icon on the screen to add music to your library.
5. Control what plays on another device with Spotify Connect
With Spotify Connect built-in you can select which device you want to play Spotify on. You could choose to stream music from Apple Watch to any device.
6. Use Siri to voice control your music and podcasts
With Siri support on Apple Watch, you can ask for your favorite tunes or podcasts using only your voice.
Don’t Miss: How To Add Music To Facebook Post
Connect Apple Watch To Bluetooth Headphones Or Speakers
Follow the instructions that came with the headphones or speakers to put them in discovery mode. When the Bluetooth device is ready, follow these steps:
You can also tapon the play screens of the Audiobooks, Music, Now Playing, Podcasts, and Radio apps to open the Bluetooth setting.
Ask Siri To Play Something
Spotify now gives you hands free control via Apple’s smart assistant to let you ask Siri to take control when you can’t get your digits on that Watch screen to do it.
To get Siri to play something from your Apple Watch say, ‘Hey, Siri’ and then you can ask it to do the following:
- Play your favourite songs, playlists, podcasts, artists and albums
- Adjust volume, play/pause and skip tracks
- Play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify
- “like’ music that’s currently playing on Spotify
Synchronize Music With Your Apple Watch
Now that your music is available offline, synchronize the songs with your Apple Watch. Set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure that it’s charging. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. In the My Watch tab, choose the option Music and tap Add Music. Select the playlist you want on your Apple Watch. Tap the icon Sync to transfer the music from your iPhone to your Apple Watch. You can see the progress in the app. When synchronization is complete, take your Apple Watch off charge and you can use it again.
Play Music From A Synced Playlist
To pair your Apple Watch with Bluetooth headphones to stream music from Spotify without your iPhone, go to the Music app and select Apple Watch as the source. Then, scroll down and select Now Playing, My Music, or Playlists.
You can keep one playlist on your Apple Watch at a time. You must connect the smartwatch to its charger to sync a playlist. Make sure your iPhone’s Bluetooth is on, then go to the Watch app and select My Watch> Music > Synced Playlist. Select the playlist you want to sync.
With a Spotify Premium account, you can download playlists, albums, and podcasts directly to your Apple Watch for offline use. Select More > . Once it’s downloaded, you can listen to your content without needing your iPhone nearby. You can also use your Apple Watch to control playback on other devices, such as wireless speakers.
Also Check: Why Is Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working
Add A Playlist Or Album
The only way to add songs from Apple Music to your Apple Watch is to add them by their album or on a playlist.
If you dont have a playlist already made in Apple Music and want to listen to various artists and songs, go ahead and do that now in the Music app on your iPhone.
Once your playlist is ready, or you know what album you want, go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Scroll down to the Music tab and tap Add Music.
After you tap Add Music, your Music Library pops up. You can go straight to your playlists or albums. Or, you can type what you want and search your library.
When you find your desired playlist or albums, click on the Add Button, aka plus sign, in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Once you click add, it pops up under the Playlists & Albums tab.
You may notice a Cloud icon next to the playlist. If you see this that means, your music did not sync to your Apple Watch.
Apple Watch only syncs music when connected to its charger. Once you put your Apple Watch on its charger and have your iPhone nearby, your music automatically downloads.
Be patient. It may take some time to sync. Especially if you have a long playlist or you are downloading multiple playlists at a time.
Track Your Daily Movement
The Apple Watch can display your up-to-date activity stats without being connected to your iPhone. The Activity app on the smartwatch displays your progress toward daily movement and exercise goals. The app also tracks calories, suggests daily goals, and breaks your activity into movement and exercise. When paired with your iPhone, this app can display more information, such as an overview of your daily stats for the month.
You can also use the Apple Watch’s app independently of the iPhone. This app shows real-time stats such as elapsed time, calories, pace, speed, and more for a variety of exercise activities. It’s a pretty good feature set, enough for some people to question whether they even need a standalone activity tracker.
Also Check: Ios 10 Song Repeat
Let Siri Know What You Want To Play
With Siri support on Apple Watch, all users can just say Hey, Siri followed by your command to play your favorite songs, artists, albums, playlists, and podcasts. You can also like music, ask whats currently playing, and control your media settings, like volume, skip track, play, and pause.Be sure to end each command with on Spotify so Siri knows which service to access. Try this on for size: Hey, Siri, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify.
The new overall experience for Spotify on Apple Watch is rolling out to all users globally over the coming weeks. Users can either update their watches to the latest version or download the app on the App Store.
*Requires Apple Watch Series 3 or later, with watchOS 6.0+ with a cellular connection or wifi and a Spotify Premium account. Please make sure you are also running the latest version of Spotify on your iPhone.
Install And Set Up Spotify On Apple Watch
Before the playback of Spotify on Apple Watch, make sure that you have the latest of Spotify installed on your Apple Watch. If you don’t have the Spotify app installed on your Apple Watch, you can go to follow the below guide to install. Or you can skip the following steps, and directly proceed to play Spotify on Apple Watch.
Step 1. Check whether you have Spotify installed on your Apple Watch. If not, just download and install it on the device.Step 2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.Step 3. Check your My Watch > Installed on Apple Watch section, and make sure that Spotify app is there. If not, scroll down to the Available Apps section and tap Install icon at the rear of Spotify.
Read Also: Upload My Music To Apple Music
Bonus: Sync Spotify Music To Apple Watch
If you want to play Spotify on Apple Watch without iPhone, the only way is to sync Spotify music to Apple Watch. However, only premium subscriber can download songs for offline playback. Besides, the downloaded songs are DRM protected and can’t be synced. To with either free or premium account, you need this – Boilsoft Spotify Converter .
1. Download, install and run Boilsoft Spotify Converter on your Mac or Windows.
2. Drag& drop the Spotify songs, albums or playlists you want to download to mp3 to the interface.
3. Click Convert to start downloading Spotify music to mp3.
4. After downloading, create a playlist in iTunes and add the Spotify mp3 songs to the playlist. The playlist will automatically synced to your iPhone’s Music app. Then sync the playlist to Apple Watch.
How To Listen To Podcasts On Your Apple Watch
1. On your Apple Watch, open the Podcasts app.
2. You will now see all the episodes saved on your Apple Watch. You can select one to play or, if your iPhone is nearby, you can scroll all the way to the top and choose “On iPhone” to stream an episode from your phone.
3. Connect your Bluetooth headphones and you’re ready to go.
4. You can use the crown to turn the volume up or down, and pause, skip forward 30 seconds, or skip back 15 seconds using the on-screen buttons. There’s also an option to play the podcast at half speed, 1.5x speed and 2x speed, as well as the traditional 1x speed.
Don’t Miss: Play Music From Iphone To Xbox One
Pair Your Bluetooth Headphones
Next, you need to pair your Bluetooth headphones to your Apple Watch. To do this, go to the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Make sure your headphones are in Discovery Mode.
If you have connected your headphones to iPhone or Apple Watch before, they should pop up automatically under the Devices tab.
Tap the device you want to pair. And voila, it should connect!
If you are connecting headphones with Apples W1 chip, like AirPods or BeatsX, these devices should automatically pair with your Apple Watch.
Listen To Spotify On Apple Watch Without Phone
Streaming for Spotify Apple Music app is arriving, and now you don’t have to listen to Spotify music on Apple Watch with your iPhone. If you are a Spotify Premium user and have an Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 6.0, you can stream Spotify music and podcasts directly from your wrist over Wi-Fi or cellular connection. Now let’s see how to do stream Spotify directly from your Apple Watch and even use Siri to control the playback.
- An Apple Watch with watchOS 6.0 or above
- A Wi-Fi or cellular connection
- Spotify on your Apple Watch
- A Spotify Premium account
Step 1. Power your Apple Watch on and then launch Spotify on your watch if you’ve it installed.Step 2. Tap Your Library and browse a playlist or an album you want to listen to on your watch.Step 3. Press the Device menu at the bottom right corner of the music player screen.Step 4. If your watch is streaming feature supported, you’ll see your Apple Watch at the top of the list , then select it.
Also Check: Fitbit Versa 2 Music Control
How To Download Music To Your Apple Watch
There are two ways to listen to music on your Apple Watch. You can either stream them directly from your nearby iPhone, or you can download a set amount of songs onto your watch and listen without having your iPhone on you.
1. Place your Apple Watch on its charger and connect the charger to power.
2. On your iPhone, open the Watch app. If you can’t find it, you can swipe right on the home screen and search for it.
3. On the “My Watch” screen scroll down and select “Music.”
4. Here, you can select what music to download to your Apple Watch. There are two options:
- You can choose specific playlists and albums to add to your watch.
- You can also choose the “Heavy Rotation” feature and Apple will automatically add and remove music based on what you’re listening to on your iPhone.
5. If you want to have Apple choose the music, make sure that the “Heavy Rotation” feature is turned on â the switch will be green. If you want to manually choose music click the “+ Add Music” under “Playlists & Albums” and make your selections.
6. Your music will sync to your Apple Watch when it is connected to power and close to your iPhone.
Listen To Apple Podcasts
With watchOS 5 , you can use the Podcasts app to play shows and episodes. If you have an Apple Watch Series 3 or later, open the Podcasts app on your Apple Watch, scroll up, then tap Library. You can also use Siri to play shows from the Apple Podcasts catalog. On any Apple Watch with watchOS 5, you can sync Apple Podcasts to your watch .
Listen to podcasts stored on your Apple Watch. By default, all your Apple Podcast subscriptions sync to your Apple Watch when its charging. Episodes are automatically removed from your Apple Watch after you listen to them, and shows that you subscribe to refresh automatically with new episodes. If you want to manually choose podcasts to sync, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, go to My Watch > Podcasts, and tap Custom. Then choose shows with episodes in your podcasts Library to sync to your Apple Watch.
Don’t Miss: How To Add Music To Facebook Post
To Download Apple Watch Spotify App
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. In the ‘My Watch’ tab and under the heading ‘Installed on Apple Watch’, check if Spotify is already downloaded. If it isn’t installed already on your Apple Watch, scroll down to the ‘Available Apps’ section and hit ‘Install’ on Spotify.
3. On your Apple Watch, open the app grid and find Spotify. The app will also open automatically when you start playing music from your iPhone.