How To Add Music To Powerpoint On Mac
- Open the PowerPoint presentation and click on the Insert tab, select ‘Audio’ and then Audio Browser.
- A pop-up window will display your audio browser with all the music you have in your iTunes library.
- Select the track you want to add. Click on ‘Play’ to preview the music.
- Once youâve selected your track, drag and drop it on the slide. A speaker icon will show up on your PowerPoint slide.
- With the speaker icon selected, you will have a ‘Format Audio’ menu which allows you to select when the music starts and stops, and how it will play.
- You can select the music to start automatically or to play across all slides.
- Under ‘Playback Options,’ check ‘Hide Icon During Show’ and ‘Loop Until Stopped.’
Adding Music To Your Presentation
PowerPoint makes it very simple to add music to your presentation. Adding music to your presentation may be a great idea, but there are also cases where it may be considered unprofessional. Were not here to tell you when to do it, just how to do it, but make sure its appropriate for the situation.
Switch to the Insert tab and then click the Audio button.
A menu will appear, giving you the option to either upload music from your PC or record your own audio track.
If youd like to record your own audio, select Record Audio, and the Record Sound window will appear. Go ahead and give your audio a name, then click the Record icon when youre ready to start.
After the Record icon is selected, a timer will start which gives you the total length of the sound being recorded. Once youre ready to stop recording, press the Stop icon. To listen to your recording, you can press the Play icon. If youre happy with what youre recording, select OK to insert it into your presentation.
If you prefer to upload music from your PC instead, go back to the audio options menu and select Audio on My PC. This will open your PCs directory. Locate the audio file youd like to use, then select Insert at the bottom-right of the window. PowerPoint supports several popular formats, like MP3, MP4, WAV, and AAC.
Now youll see a speaker icon appear in your presentation. Here, you can play the audio, control the volume, and move the audio back or forward 0.25 seconds.
How To Add Music To Powerpoint 2016/2013
Step 1 Click the slide of PowerPoint you want to add the audio to.
Step 2 For PowerPoint 2016: Click “Recording” tab > “Insert”, hit the arrow under “Auto-play Audio” option. For PowerPoint 2013: Click “Insert” tab > “Media”, hit the arrow under “Audio”.
Step 3 Do the following:
To add an audio from computer, choose “Audio on My PC”, and insert the audio clip you want to add to PPT. To add the voiceover by recording, choose “Record Sound” or “Record Audio” from the box of “Record Sound”. Click the “Record” button and begin to record your voice.
Step 4 Then there will an audio icon showing on the slide. You can click the icon and play your PowerPoint audio in Slide Show view or in Normal view.
Set the playback options
Start to play the audio when you begin presentation. Choose “Automatically” from “Start” list. Manually start background audio while you click it on the slide. In the “Start” list, choose “When Clicked” or “On Click” . Select “Play Across Slides” to play the audio when you click through presentation slides. If you want to continuously play the audio clip until you manually let it stop, choose “Loop until Stopped”.
Hide the audio icon
Also Check: Manage My Apple Music Subscription
Pick The Type Of The Audio File
If you click on the little arrow beneath the speaker icon, PowerPoint will offer you several types of imports. Pick the one you want and click on it. The options are Audio on My PC and Record Audio.
In this tutorial, we will concentrate on the Audio on My PC option. This is PowerPoints default setting, as well as the most frequently used option.
How To Add Music To Powerpoint 2010
PowerPoint 2010 supports the following audio formats: AIFF Audio , AU Audio , MIDI , MP3 , Windows Audio , Windows Media Audio .
Adding music to one or all slides in PowerPoint 2010:
- Select the slide you want to add music to.
- Find the file you want to add and click OK.
- A sound icon will appear on the slide. You can drag it outside the slide if you donât want it to show over the slide content.
- With the music icon selected, click on the ‘Playback’ tab, and then select ‘Start Automatically,’ for your music to start automatically when the slide is played.
- Select the file you just added and click on the drop-down menu icon.
- Select ‘Effect Options’. A pop-up window will appear.
- You can select when the music will start and stop playing. It can be after one slide, multiple slides, or at the end of the presentation.
Other options for PowerPoint 2010 include adding a Clip Art audio or to record an audio and then add it to the presentation.
Also Check: How To Transfer Apple Music Playlist To Spotify
How To Add Music To Powerpoint Online
PowerPoint Online does not have the option of adding audio or video content other than from YouTube.
To add music from YouTube to a PowerPoint Online presentation, follow these steps:
- Select the slide where you want to place the video.
- Go to the Insert tab, in the Media Group and select Online Video.
- Search for the video you want to add, select it and press Enter.
- Select a video thumbnail image and click Insert. The video is now inserted on your slide. You can drag it in a different position with your mouse.
- To play the video, run Slide Show.
- Go to the View tab, click Start Slide Show, and select From Current Slide.
Add Music To Your Powerpoint Presentation
Adding music to PowerPoint slides is just like uploading any other file type.
- Go to the Ribbon > Insert tab. In the Media group, select Audio > Audio on My PC.
- Browse to the location of the audio file on your desktop and upload it. An icon represents the sound file on the slide. You can drag and position it anywhere.
- The Audio Tools Playback tab appears on the Ribbon as soon as the file is uploaded on the slide. You can also select the icon of the audio file in the Normal slide view and display the Audio Tools Playback Tab.
- Click the Preview button to test the playback.
Don’t Miss: Import Itunes Playlist To Spotify 2019
Tutorial: Download Songs From Amazon Music
Step 1 Set the format as WAV or M4A
To get started, launch Tunelf Amatune Music Converter on your computer and go to log in to your Amazon account. Then before downloading songs from Amazon, click the Menu bar, select the Preferences option, and switch to the Advanced tab. Now you can set the output audio format and adjust other audio parameters such as bit rate, sample rate, and channel.
Step 2 Add soundtracks to the converter
Once its ready in your settings, close the Settings window and go back to browse the soundtracks you want to download. When viewing an album or playlist, open it then click the yellow Add button suspended on the right side. The program will immediately list all songs in the Add window then check the box next to the track you want to download.
Step 3 Download songs from Amazon
Now click the Convert button to convert and download songs from Amazon Music. Just wait for a while and you can get all converted Amazon Music songs. Once the conversion of your Amazon songs is complete, click the Converted icon on the top of the converter then click Search to navigate to the folder where you save the converted songs.
Recording Audio From Powerpoint
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and select the slide where you want to add audio.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the Audio drop-down arrow. Select Record Audio. A new window will open.
- Enter the name of the audio file youre about to record.
- Press Record to start recording. To stop, press the Stop button. To play what youve recorded, press Play.
- If youre happy with what youve recorded, click OK. If thats not the case, click Cancel.
Read Also: How To Put A Song On Repeat Ios 10
A How To Add Music To Powerpoint From Youtube
Microsoft PowerPoint allows you to add media files including music files from external sources as well. You can add media files from online sources like Youtube, Vimeo, Stream, etc.
In Microsoft PowerPoint, you can directly add music from YouTube. In this method, Im going to show you how to add a video from YouTube in PowerPoint.
All you have to do is follow the easy steps mentioned below
Step-1: Click on theInsert menu
In the slide thumbnail pane, click on the slide where you want to add the music. Then click on the Insert tab from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Step-2: Click on the Online Videos option
In the Insert menu, click on the Video button to open a dropdown menu. Select the Online Videos option from the dropdown menu .
This will open a dialogue box.
Step-3: Paste the link to the Youtube video
Click on the box under the Enter the address for the online video option. Now all you have to do is paste the link of the Youtube music video which you want to add to the slide.
Then click on the Insert button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
Step-4: Move the Video Outside the Slide Canvas
If you dont want the video to show, you can simply drag the video outside the slide canvas and it wont appear during the slideshow. However, it will still play if you have set it to play on a click!
Five: Control The Volume
Finally, after adding theme PowerPoint music, you want to control the volume of the audio. Controlling the loudness will ensure that it doesnt overwhelm the audience, or make it difficult for them to hear your presentation. For this reason, you should click on the Sound icon, which will bring up multiple icons. Then, click on the Volume icon. This choice will present you with a drop-down menu of options.
The drop-down menu of Volume options.
To make sure you get it right, try giving the presentation at each of these volume levels. Doing this testing will provide you with a better indication of which one will work best. After selecting the right one, make sure to save the PowerPoint, making these changes permanent.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Music On Fitbit Versa 2
Add Audio From Your Pc
Select Insert > Audio.
Select Audio on My PC.
In the Insert Audio dialog box, select the audio file you want to add.
Type in a name for your audio file, select Record, and then speak.
Note: Your device must have a microphone enabled in order to record audio.
To review your recording, select Stop and then select Play.
Select Record to re-record your clip, or select OK if you’re satisfied.
To move your clip, select and drag the audio icon to where you want it on the slide.
If youre using more than one audio file per slide, we recommend putting the audio icon in the same spot on a slide to find it easily.
Set The Playback Options
On the slide, select the audio clip icon .
Under Audio Tools, on the Playback tab, in the Audio Options group, do one of the following:
To start the audio clip automatically when you show the slide, in the Start list, click Automatically.
To manually start the audio clip when you click it on the slide, in the Start list, click On Click.
To play an audio clip as you click through the slides in your presentation, in the Start list, click Play across slides.
To play an audio clip continuously until you stop it, select the Loop until Stopped check box.
Note: When you loop a sound, it plays continuously until you advance to the next slide.
You May Like: Why Is Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working
Adding External Audio To A Powerpoint Presentation
You can insert external audio files into a PowerPoint presentation rather than record the audio in PowerPoint directly. Youll need to use a supported audio file type such as WAV, MP3, or MID. If the audio is in a different format, youll need to convert it to MP3 or another supported format instead.
To insert your audio file, open your PowerPoint presentation and select a slide. Click Insert > Audio > Audio on my PC to begin selecting your audio file.
Locate the file on your PC, select it, and then click the Insert button to place it on your slide.
As with a recorded audio file, the inserted audio will appear as a smaller speaker icon in your presentation.
Selecting the speaker icon during editing or hovering over it during a live presentation will display the playback options for your audio.
Insert Music Files In Powerpoint
For Powerpoint 2007, go to main menu and select option Insert. Then, click on Sound on the right side of the menu. Then, select Sound from file
For older versions, click onInsert, thenMovies and sounds, and finallySound from file…
Select your file and choose if you want it to be Automatically at the beggining of the slide show or When Clicked. In this last option, a sound icon will appear in every slide of the presentation.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Music On Xbox 360 From Phone
Embed Music In Your Powerpoint Presentation
This is an important part. If the sound file is linked, you will have to send the music along the normal ppt file. But if you embed it, the music and the slide show will work as one single file. To do this, you will have to use WAV files, and take care that those files arent too big. To set this, click on the sound icon appearing on the slide, and then select Sound options on the contextual menu.
Important tips: If you want the same music file to sound along some slides, choose Animations from the main menu and then click on Custom Animation. Then, select Effect options and a little window named Play sound will be displayed. Here, you can set a lot of options for your music.
Add Music From Your Hard Drive
To add a music file from your hard drive, choose a slide in PowerPoint, select INSERT, click Audio, and click Audio on My PC.
Navigate to the directory that contains your audio files. PowerPoint will display a list of your audio files in all of the popular formats. Youll see your .mp3 and .mp4 files, your Windows Audio Files , and your Windows Media Audio Files , as well as audio tracks that are stored in some less popular formats.
Highlight the file that you want to add to your slide, and click Insert. PowerPoint will add the familiar audio button to your slide. To start the music during your presentation, just click the audio button. Your music will play as long as that slide is being displayed.
You May Like: Why Is Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working
Adding Music To Your Powerpoint Presentation
Everyone knows that who has ever had to listen to every new line of text is accompanied by a pistol shot or one presentation ended with artificial applause. But when can you use sound files or music? Actually only in one case. This is the case with independently running, repetitive presentations. But even then, no shots should be fired. Instead, you can play the appropriate music. Another option is a recorded lecture that accompanies the presentation. You can check office.com/setup to know how you can install Microsoft on your computer. Microsoft Office can help you with any kind of presentation you may need.
PowerPoint already offers various sound snippets that you can use as illustrative material. Most of the sound snippets are hardly usable for more. You integrate them like images and text. A sound file is placed on the slide, after which you determine when and for how long it will be used.
How To Play Music Across Multiple Slides In Powerpoint
In Microsoft PowerPoint, you can easily play the music inserted in one slide across all slides of the particular presentation.
To play music across slides, first, select the audio file. Then, click on the Playback tab. From the ribbon, click on the Play in Background option.
Once thats done, the music will play in the background across all the slides in PowerPoint when in presentation mode.
Also Check: Song Repeat Ios 10
Powerpoint Audio Tools And Options
You will also see 2 new menu tab options called Playback and Format/Audio Format.
- Show the speaker icon in the middle of your presentation slide.
- The music will only play after you have clicked on the speaker icon.
- And your audio file will stop immediately after the sound has played.
Typically these default options arent great, and you will want to customize the music playback to suit your presentation context and content.
Here are some tips.
- If you want to manually play the sound when clicking an element of the slide > Try re-positioning the sound icon to a corner of the screen, or somewhere where it does not stand in the way of the content on your slides. And also make it clear to the user this element is clickable, by making it stand out or labelling it.
- If you want the sound to play automatically when the slide is presented > Position the sound icon off the screen or check the option to Hide During Show and choose Automatically from the Start filter ,
- If your sound file is short, and you wish to play the music on loop to make it longer > customize this by checking the options such as Play Across Slides, Loop until Stopped etc.
There are many other settings within the the Audio Tools menu. For example, you can change the volume so the music does not drown your voice create a fade effect trim the beginning or end by cropping the sound and include a bookmark, etc.