How To Add Music To Your Instagram Reels
Instagram also offers a feature reminiscent of TikTok, which allows users to create short videos that can be shared with friends and other followers and discovered while browsing the app. Reels can be up to 15 seconds in length, and you can easily add some music on top of them.
1. Open the Instagram app, go to your feed and swipe left from the screen.
2. Select Reels from the menu at the bottom.
4. Tap on the musical note icon on the left side of the display to add your music.
5. Use the search bar on top to look for the song you want to add.
6. Select the part of the song which you want to include in the clip.
7. Start recording your miniclip.
8. When youre done, press Preview, then Next.
9. Type a caption, then press the Share button to show the Reel to your followers.
How To Add Music To An Instagram Story With And Without Stickers
In 2018, Instagram introduced the option to share music on Stories, allowing users to add their favorite songs to their photos and videos. This move allowed Instagrammers to access thousands of songs and gave them the ability to share their Stories in a new, musical way.
In this guide, well go over exactly how to add music to an Instagram Story, and well share how to troubleshoot issues that may be preventing you from doing so.
How To Play Music From Soundcloud On Your Story
Just like Apple Music and Spotify, the instructions for sharing SoundCloud songs on your Stories are easy to follow. And, like music shared from those platforms, songs from SoundCloud will not play on your Stories. Instead, followers who tap on the Story will be redirected to the song in SoundCloud.
Heres how to share a song on your Stories through SoundCloud:
Adding music to an Instagram Story is a great way to elevate your content and make it unique. Whether youre sharing your current favorite song or adding some background music to a video, we hope this guide helps you take your Stories to the next level. And if you want to make a video Story with your favorite track, check out the music video editors that help you do just that.
Read Also: How To Add Music To An Imovie On Iphone
How To Add Music To Your Instagram Post
If you were looking to add music to your standard Instagram posts, the bad news is that you cant not to images anyway. You can, however, follow the steps outlined in the section above to shoot a quick video Story with a musical background. Instead of posting it as a Story, use the Download button at the top to save it to your phone, then post the musical video to your profile.
Note that even if its possible to add music to your Stories, when someone downloads that story, the audio track is lost. Fortunately, theres a way to link a song with a video . You need to download a third-party app for that. An example is InShot, but there are many capable alternatives out there. With this app, you can create videos with embedded musical backgrounds that can be shared as Stories or posts.
How To Edit The Music Sticker In Your Story
When adding a music sticker to your Story, youll probably notice that there are a few options to edit the song you chose. In addition to rewinding and fast-forwarding through the song to select the precise clip you want to use, you can also choose:
- The length of the clip
- The color of the music sticker
- The size and type of sticker
- Whether you want the lyrics displayed instead of the sticker
- The color and font of the lyrics
Heres how to edit your music sticker:
If you want to have music on your Instagram Story but dont want a sticker to be visible, you can drag the sticker off the screen. It will disappear from the Story preview display, but after it publishes, youll still hear the music and see the song title and artist at the top of the screen.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Music On Fitbit Versa 2
How To Add Music To Your Instagram Story Directly From Spotify
For those who have Spotify, theres a way to add the music youre listening to into your Instagram Story right from the music-centric app.
1. From Spotify, tap on the music-playing bar at the bottom of the display.
2. Tap on the three-dot menu located in the upper-right corner.
3. Select Share.
4. Share to Instagram.
5. The action will create an Instagram Story featuring the album art and the name of the song.
6. The Story will display an actionable Play on Spotify option in the upper-left corner so that your friends can go listen to the track.
How To Share A Spotify Song On Your Instagram Story
If youre more of a Spotify user, youll be happy to learn that sharing a song from that platform is just as straightforward. Heres how to do it:
Following these instructions will share your song choice to your Stories. Once again, its important to note that the song wont play directly on your Stories, but if a user taps on that Story, it will redirect them to the song on Spotify.
Also Check: How To Gift Music On Itunes
How To Add Music To Your Instagram Story
Instagram Stories are riding the wave in 2021. Introduced five years ago, Stories was created as a space where people could post more mundane photos without worrying about the impact they would have on their curated Instagram feeds. Music can now be added to Instagram Stories as well. The feature has been available for a while now, but if you havent had the chance to try it out yet, then this may be the time to finally do so. Read on to learn how to add music to your Instagram Story.
Why Cant I Add Music To My Instagram Story
Trying to add music to your Instagram Story but having trouble? There could be a few reasons why youre experiencing that glitch:
- Your app isnt up to date. If you cant find the music sticker in your Stories, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app first. Sometimes a quick update is all thats needed to bring your music-adding capabilities back.
- The music feature is not available in your country. If you reinstall the app and theres still no sticker, it could be because your country isnt on the list of those that can access music for Stories. Right now, the feature is available in only 60 countries, including the United States, New Zealand, France, Australia, Great Britain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Japan, and Portugal. If your country is not on the list, you can use ClearVPN and its shortcut Unlock Instagram Music. Once you hit that shortcut, ClearVPN will connect your iPhone to the IP of a country where Instagram music stickers are available.
Also Check: Export Apple Music Playlist To Spotify
How To Add Music To Your Instagram Stories The Old Way
Before the music sticker was introduced to Instagram, users added their favorite tunes to their stories in a different fashion. This is how it was done.
1. Open the Spotify app and play a song. It can be a song from your own library as well.
2. In Instagram, swipe left on the display to bring up the Story filming screen. The song should continue playing in the background.
3. Start filming the Story by long-pressing the record button.
4. Once the video has been recorded, you can make additional adjustments to it by using the menu of options at the top.
5. Tap on the Story button in the lower-left corner to post your Story. Now when you play the Story, you should be able to hear the song in the background.
This is the old way of doing things, which may still come in handy if you cant find certain songs in Instagrams music database. As strange as that sounds, there are plenty of more obscure tunes you wont be able to find on the app. This method still works if you really want to share some underground music as part of your Story.
Can I Add Music To My Stories From Instagrams Web App
The short answer is no. By default, Instagram for Web does not allow users to upload Stories. However, its possible to do so with a nifty Chrome extension, but you cant add music to it. What you can do is upload a video story which has been previously edited to include a song as background via your PC.
Now that youve learned how to dazzle your followers with your eclectic musical tastes, you may be interested in learning more Instagram tricks for example, how to add a link to your Stories, and .
Recommended Reading: How To Add Music To Facebook Post
How To Create An Instagram Story
Before we begin, lets look at how to create an Instagram Story to which you can add music from scratch. On mobile devices, you have several approaches available. You can, for example, open your account, tap on your profile icon in the upper-left corner and add the Story from there. Another way is to access your main feed and click on the + button in the upper-right corner, then select Story from the bar at the bottom. Or you can tap on your profile pic at the top of the display.
Alternatively, also from the main feed, swipe left on your screen, and youll be taken into Story mode directly. This method is handy, as it allows you to take a picture/video without having to exit Instagram, using the apps own camera.
Why Cant I Add Music To My Instagram Stories
Having issues with adding the song you want to your Instagram story? Here are some things you may want to try in an attempt to fix the issues:
- Check to see if you have the latest version of Instagram installed. Go to the apps page on the Google Play Store and check if theres a green update button. If so, tap on it to get the latest version.
- Keep in mind that Instagram music may not be yet available in your region. If thats the case, then all you can do is wait until Instagram expands the availability of the option. Unfortunately, it may take a while before that happens.
- If youre trying to add music to your Stories from a Business account, you may not be able to include certain songs due to limitations. If that happens, simply switch to a regular account or use the old way of adding music to your Stories, as was explained earlier.
- As mentioned above, the song you are looking for may not be available via Instagrams music database or could be restricted due to legal reasons.
Also Check: Why Is Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working
How To Add Music Lyrics To Your Story
If youre struggling to figure out how to add a songs lyrics to your Stories, dont worry. Below are instructions for how to find and use that editing feature:
Its important to note that the song wont play directly on your Stories, but if a user taps on that Story, it will take them to Apple Music, where they can play it.
How To Add A Music Sticker To An Instagram Story
The process of adding a music sticker to your Instagram Story is straightforward:
When selecting a song for your Story, you have the option to listen to a preview before adding it. All you have to do is press the play button to the right of the song.
Recommended Reading: Syncing Apple Music