How To Use Apple Music Songs As Iphone Ringtone
What do you usually do when you want a customized ringtone for your iPhone? Buying one from iTunes Store or creating a unique ringtone from the music you already have, such as Apple Music tracks? For those who have already paid for Apple Music service, you probably want to use a specific Apple Music track as ringtone on iPhone. In fact, that’s a good idea and not a hard thing to accomplish.
In this post, I’ll show you how to set Apple Music as ringtone step by step. You can choose any of your favorite songs from Apple Music library and create your custom ringtone easily. Here’s how.
You May Like:
RintoneMaker – iPhone Ringtone Make App
GarageBand – iPhone Ringtone Make App
Why these tools are required?
As you might already know, that Apple Music songs are not available in the list of ringtone options on your iPhone even though they’re downloaded locally on your iPhone. Why? Well, to make an iPhone M4R ringtone from an existing song, such as MP3 or AAC file, you need to convert that song into iPhone M4R ringtone file, and the same goes to Apple Music songs.
But the difficult part of turning Apple Music into iPhone ringtone lies in the fact that Apple Music tracks are protected M4P files. Locked by Apple’s FairPlay technology, it is impossible for you to convert Apple Music to M4R ringtone with iTunes.
Next, I’ll walk you through the procedure. It involves the following 4 steps to convert Apple Music to iPhone ringtone.
1. Unprotect Apple Music Tracks
Set A Song As An Alarm Ringtone
First of all, to use Spotify songs as an alarm ringtone, you will need to install the Clock app from Google, if it is not already present on your phone. The app supports Spotify as well as YouTube Music.
Once you get Clock from the play store, follow these easy steps to set your favorite song as an alarm ringtone.
How To Make A Song Your Ringtone
In a few simple steps, you can turn your ringtone into something more personal than the standard ringtones included with your smartphone. Here’s what to do.
These steps require you to already have the song or audio file on your smartphone. Moving files on Android isn’t too complicated, or you can find free music online.
On your smartphone’s home screen, tap Apps.
If it’s not listed under Quick Settings, scroll down to find it.
Tap Ringtones >Add.
Choose a track from the songs already stored on your phone.
You can also tap albums, artists, or folders, as well as search by name, if you have a lot of audio files on your smartphone.
Tap the song you want to use.
The song or audio file is now your ringtone. Just retrace the steps to change it again.;
Recommended Reading: Is Amazon Music Free For Prime Members
How To Add Aac File To Iphone Ringtone With Itunes
Besides buying ringtones, you can also use a sound file of your choice. Youll have to import it using iTunes:
How To Make Iphone Ringtones On A Pc
The following steps are identical to the steps above. To convert one of your audio files into a ringtone for your iPhone, do the following:
1. Ensure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC.
2. Select an audio file that is a maximum of 40 seconds long, otherwise, iTunes will not copy it to your phone.
· If the file is longer than 40 seconds, and you wish to use a section of it, you can use an audio editor to cut it to the part you want to use.
· Your file will need to be in ACC or extension .m4r format before it can be used as a ringtone; jump to step 9 if this is the case. To convert your audio file to ACC format:
3. Drag and drop the file to iTunes, then find it under Library>Songs.
4. Select the file then click on File>Convert>Create AAC Version.
5. Now youll have two copies of the same audio file in your library; the original and the AAC version just created. To differentiate the two, in the library right-click on the headings and select Kind to enable the column.
6. Right-click on the one that says, MPEG audio file to remove it from your library if you wish.
· To change the ACC files extension so that iTunes recognizes it as a ringtone:
7. From the iTunes library, drag and drop the ACC file onto your desktop.
8. Change the files extension to .m4r.
9. To transfer the file onto your ringtone, connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC using your USB cable.
12. Under the My Device section in the left sidebar, select Tones.
Recommended Reading: Is High School Musical 4 Coming Out
What Songs Are Best For Ringtones
Best Songs to Have As a Ringtone
How To Use Amazon Music As Ringtone On Your Devices
Ringtone is one of the easiest ways of personalizing your phone. It was fairly easy to set up a ringtone on your phone several years ago. But a boom in the music streaming industry has made things become a bit difficult to select any downloadable song as your ringtone. People now only have the ability to use the default ringtone on their phones instead of those tunes from music streaming services.
However, you would hate to hear the default ringtone every time when someone calls you. Want to set your favorite tunes from those music streaming providers like Amazon Music as a ringtone? Come to read this post, and here we will offer a workaround to help you use Amazon Music as ringtone on your iPhone or Android phone.
Don’t Miss: Do Amazon Prime Members Get Free Music
Can You Buy Ringtones On Itunes
To buy an iPhone ringtone from iTunes:
1. Launch the iTunes store app.
2. Click on the three-dotted horizontal menu.
3. Select Tones.
4. Find the ringtone you want then select the price.
5. Choose a ringtone to automatically set it or select Done to decide later.
6. You may need to provide your Apple ID password to complete the purchase.
How To Set An Mp3 As A Ringtone On An Iphone
You can turn your Mac or PC into your own ringtone maker, creating custom ringtones for your iPhone, from almost any MP3 file. Using Apple’s free iTunes software, you can edit and convert an MP3 to an iTunes ringtone for the iPhone. Although several steps are involved, and they require some attention to detail, the process goes fairly quickly.
Don’t Miss: How To Check If Your Music Is Copyrighted
Make Custom Ringtone For Iphone Using Itunes Or Music App
If you are using a desktop with Windows or macOS Mojave and earlier, use iTunes, or consider using Music App for macOS Catalina and later. In either scenario, steps are identical.
How To Set A Song As A Ringtone On Iphone 11 Via A Ringtone Editor
If you want to set a personalized sound as a ringtone on your iPhone, your very first step is to make a ringtone with this iPhone ringtone maker – EaseUS Ringtone Editor. With which you can make any songs into ringtones. While making a ringtone with this tool, you can add recordings or sounds effects to your ringtone. Once the process completes, you can directly push the ringtone to your iPhone or iPad.;
To make a song a ringtone:;
Step 1.;Connect your iPhone to the computer > Run EaseUS Ringtone Editor > Drag and drop the music file to the editing bar, or you can select a song from your computer by clicking “Browse.”
Step 2.;Rearrange and shorten the length of the;song by dragging the slider to the start and stop time of the song;you wish to use as a ringtone > Click “Clip” to proceed.;
Step 3.;After clipping, you can add recordings and sound effects like fade-in/fade-out and emojis sound to the clip.;Once it’s done, click “Export.”
Step 4. You can choose “Push to iPhone” to export your edited ringtone to your device or choose “Save to Disk”;to save it on your computer.
Read Also: Can You Make Playlists On Apple Music
How Do You Set A Song As Your Ringtone On Iphone 7
How to make a song a ringtone on iPhone 7/7 Plus
Set Mp3 Music As A Ringtone For Your Amazon Fire Phone
Setting an MP3 music as a ringtone on your Amazon Fire Phone is relatively easy when you know how to do it.
Indeed, the Android system is well known for its great operability and availabilities, especially on your Amazon Fire Phone.
To set your favorite MP3 music as a ringtone, you need to go through your favorite music player on your Amazon Fire Phone, or go through the Settings menu. In all cases we assume that you have downloaded the desired music on your Amazon Fire Phone.
You can do this through a music download service or a USB cable from your computer, if you have the proper rights to do so.
Go through a music player on your Amazon Fire Phone
An interesting option to put a custom ringtone on your Amazon Fire Phone is to go through a music player.
If you do not already have one, there are many downloadable ones on the Play Store of your Amazon Fire Phone: you just have to type music player in the search bar and then make your choice.
To do this, you just have to play the music, then click on the options button of your Amazon Fire Phone.
You will then have the choice to set the music played as a ringtone for your Amazon Fire Phone, or even as an alarm.
Use the Settings menu on your Amazon Fire Phone to customize the ringtone
Another interesting option is to go through the Settings menu of your Amazon Fire Phone, accessible from the main screen.
You can then go to the parts Sounds then Ringtones. From there, you will have to choose to add a ringtone.
Read Also: How To Separate Voice From Background Music
Change Your File Types
Youre now going to change the file type of your sound file a few times to make it into a ringtone. The first one is to change whatever your sound file is to AAC, but to do that, youll need to check your iTunes preferences.
To check your preferences:
- In iTunes 12.4 or later, click Edit, then Preferences.
- In earlier versions, click iTunes, then Preferences in the top left corner of the window.
- Under the General tab, click Import Settings
- Make sure Import Using is set to AAC Encoder.
Now well actually convert the file. To go to AAC:
- In iTunes 12.4 or later, click on the file youre converting, and then click File>Convert. In earlier versions, right click on the sound file again.
- Click Create ACC version.
A new file will appear thats the length you selected. Were now going to convert this file into a new format but first:;go back to Get Info or Song Info to unselect the start and stop times in your original file. If you dont do this, the next time you go to listen to it, youll only hear that small section of the file!
The new format is .m4r. To convert to .m4r:
- Right click on the file, and select Show in Finder or Show in Windows Explorer, depending on whether youre using a Mac or PC.
- Right click on the file in the Explorer or Finder window, and select Rename.
- Change the file extension to .m4r. When asked if you want to change the file type, click Yes.
Load Music Files Onto Your Device From Your Windows Pc
Suppose you have stored your loved music on your computer and then you just add it to your phone, so you’ll need a phone manager tool to get it into the Ringtones folder such as PanFone Mobile Manager, which is a completely free phone manager that supports transferring files between mobile device and computer. Its features include:
Steps of transferring music files from computer to Samsung
Step 1 Download and Install PanFone Manager Free to add music to Samsung Galaxy Note 20.
Please click the button to download and install the PanFone Manager. And then run it on your computer.
Step 1 Connect Samsung phone to the computer and launch this Samsung Phone Manager.
Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 to your computer with the USB cable and let the application identify your device. Once the PanFone Manager successfully detects the Samsung phone, you can view its snapshot on the screen.
Step 3: Click on the “Music” tab from the navigation bar to switch to the Music panel. Then you can view all the audio files on your Samsung phone.
Simply wait for a while, then this PanFone Mobile Manager will directly transfer the selected music files from your computer to Samsung Galaxy Note 20.
Don’t Miss: How To Play Gospel Music On Piano
How To Get Ringtones On Iphone From Itunes Store
If you want to add ringtones to iPhone 11 directly from the device, you can buy tones from iTunes Store.;
Step 1. Open the iTunes Store on your iPhone.
Step 2. Go to “Genres” or “More” > “Tones” > “All Tones”.
Step 3. Find or search for the ringtone you like. You can tap to preview the ringtone.
Step 4. If that’s what you like, tap the price of the tone and choose “Set as Default Ringtone.”
Step 5. Pay for the ringtone.
If you cannot connect to the iTunes Store, you can either fix it or use another way to add ringtones to your device.
It’s inevitable that you need to pay for the tones in the iTunes Store. If you want to get free ringtones for your iPhone11, move to the next part instead.
How To Create A Custome Ringtone
You can create your own ringtone with the pre-installed app GarageBand.
- First open the app and import your desired ringtone.
- Cut the title to a maximum of 30 seconds. Then save the cut-out.
- Now select the excerpt in the app by holding your finger on the title for a few seconds. The option Ringtone or beep will open. Tap on Ringtone and select Export.
- Then go to Settings, Tones & Feel, Ringtone as usual and select the title from the list.
- However, GarageBand takes some getting used to until you can work confidently with it. if you want to save time and effort, there are also alternatives.
- Ringtone Maker and Ringtone Designer are two free apps that also allow you to make your own ringtones.
- There is also the paid counterpart Ringer for 2.68 Dollars.
- You can find the apps in the App Store.
You May Like: How To Get Lyrics On Apple Music