Setting Up Family Sharing On Ios
If youre reading this article on your iPhone or iPad, youre in luck: You can set up Family Sharing right now in a few simple steps.
What Is Included With An Individual Subscription To Apple Music
When you subscribe to Apple Music, you get a whole slew of features and access to many artists, albums, songs, genres, and even music videos. Heres what you get:
- Beats 1 Radio for streaming
- Access to radio stations aside from Beats 1
- Playlists you can create
- No-cost Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos
- No-cost Lossless audio on supported devices
- Existing music gets matched to your iTunes catalog and is added to your iCloud Music Library
- Playlist and music syncing for all Apple Music-compatible devices
Pricing: What Does Apple One Cost Can I Share With My Family
Apple One is a subscription bundle, which offers three different tiers.
- Individual: $14.95/month for Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage.
- Family: $19.95/month, you can share Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage with up to six family members.
- Premier: $29.95, you can share Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+, and 2TB of iCloud storage with up to six family members.
Any services you havent already subscribed to are free for the first month of your Apple One subscription. You can cancel it at any time.
For comparisons sake, heres how much each service costs individually:
- Apple Music: $9.99/month for the individual plan, $16.99/month for the family plan, $5.99 for the student plan, and $4.99 for the voice plan
- Apple TV+: $4.99/month
- Apple Fitness+: $9.99/month or $79.99/year
- iCloud+: $0.99/month for 50GB, $2.99/month for 200GB, and $9.99/month for 2TB.
Also Check: How To Play Music While On Another App
Sign Out & In Apple Id
If Apple Music Family Sharing is still not working, You can try to refresh the Family Sharing service by signing out your Apple ID and signing in later to troubleshoot the issue.
Launch the Settings app > Tap > Scroll down and tap Sign Out to sign out your account. Wait for a couple of minutes, and sign in with your account again.
How Do I Share Music With My Family
There are a couple of different ways: sharing purchased content on iTunes, sharing playlists, and Home Sharing.
You can share a playlist of any music in your iCloud Music Library by tapping the Share button when viewing a playlist, then sending the link to your family member.
And while Home Sharing no longer works on iOS, you can use it on your Macs to share files between your two computers.
Also Check: How To Make Video With Words And Music
The App Store A Safe Place For Kids
The Made for Kids section on the App Store is carefully curated to be a great space for children. And we review every app to make sure it does what it says it does. In Content Restrictions, you can also tap an age range and, just like that, your kids can buy or download only apps appropriate for them including curated recommendations.
Add More People To Your Family Sharing Plan
Wanna share more love? If you already have Family Sharing set up and would like to add another lucky family member, simply go to SETTINGS > > FAMILY SHARING > ADD MEMBER. It will tell you here how many more people can add to your family.
Tap INVITE PEOPLE and follow the instructions.
Setting up Family Share from your Mac
Setting up Family Share on your Mac is just as easy. Click on APPLE MENU > SYSTEM PREFERENCES > FAMILY SHARING. Then follow the instructions to add members.
Also Check: How To Upload Music On Apple Music
S To Add Family Members
1. To add a Family Member, tap on “Add Family Member” in the main menu.
2. From the Add Family Member screen, you can send an invitation to another user’s iCloud account to join a group. Alternatively, you can ask another user to enter the Family Organizer’s iCloud password to join a group.
3. If you have chosen to send an invitation, the invited user will see a push notification on their iOS device asking them to join a Family Sharing group. Once a user accepts the invite, they will be prompted to share their purchases and location. The user will also appear in the Family Sharing main menu.
4. By default, users invited to Family Sharing will be recognized as adults and will not need permission to purchase content. However, the Family Organizer can also create an Apple ID for a child by tapping the highlighted option at the bottom of the Family Sharing menu.
5. Creating an Apple ID for a child will ask the Family Organizer to input a birthday and accept a Parent Privacy Disclosure. The Family Organizer will also be required to input the security code for the primary card being used.
6. Next, the Family Organizer will be able to enter a name and create an email address, password and security questions as seen in a typical iCloud setup process.
Does Apple Music Family Sharing Work On Android
How does Apple Music Family Sharing work on Android? First of all, you must be signed into your Apple ID. If you dont have an Apple ID, you can create one by going to your Apple IDs settings. After you have done so, you can use your Apple ID to sign in to your Family plan. After signing in, you can choose to share purchases and subscriptions with other family members. To share content, you need to invite other family members or add them to your family plan.
If youre unable to share your Apple Music account with other family members, you need to log out and sign back in. You can also try un-adding the other family members. Once youve completed this, you can add them back to your Apple Family account. However, if the issue persists, you can also try removing family members and re-adding them. This is a good temporary fix.
Also Check: When We Were Young Piano Sheet Music
Apple Music Family Plan: What Does It Include
The Apple Music Family plan not only offers access for up to six users, but each of those users will have their own individual account, which will allow them to stream ad-free music and videos, access over 90 million songs and their iTunes library, listen online or offline and download 100,000 songs to their library.
Family plan users will also get access across their devices, whilst also being able to see what friends are listening to and get access to Apple Music 1 live and on-demand radio shows.
They can choose what they share and when they share it with other members of the Family plan, or decide not to share at all, and they will also be able to share iTunes purchases if they have setup iCloud Family sharing.
How To Set Up Family Sharing On A Mac
If you already have Family Sharing set up and you have the family plan to Apple Music, you may need to invite people to join your family. These individuals will need to have a valid Apple ID and know their password to accept the invitation.
Recommended Reading: Something In The Water Music Festival
Set Up Family Sharing
You can start a new family group and invite people to join, or you can join someone else’s family group.
Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, subscriptions including iCloud+, and more, all without sharing an Apple ID.1 You can set up an Apple ID for kids, set permissions remotely with Screen Time, and approve spending and downloads from a parent’s device with Ask to Buy.2 You can also set up Apple Cash for a child or teen, or set them up with an Apple Watch. Learn more about what you can do with Family Sharing.
How To Share Apple Music And Save More Than 80%
A subscription to Apple Music is $9.99/month or $14.99/month for a family sharing group account.
A lot of users would say itâs worth every penny, but if there was a way to pay less and save up to 80% without any compromise, wouldnât you take up on that offer?
Some . Apple Music subscriptions on Together Price go for only $3.49/month. If you are sceptical about your purchasing decisions, they offer a full refund within the first 25 days, so thereâs nothing to lose.
, and then you can look at all of the subscription services you can join or invite people to join for a fraction of the price.
Don’t Miss: Dandelions Ruth B Piano Sheet Music
Why Use Apple Family Sharing
Apple Family Sharing makes a lot of sense if you’re subscribing to Apple services and want to share them with the rest of your family to save money.
Services like Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade can be shared with up to five other family members by default. Both services cost $7.99 per month, but naturally, they become even better value when shared between two or people. The same goes with Apple Music Family – you’ll pay $17.99 per month, which when shared between two people, becomes better value than an individual Apple Music subscription. An individual subscription is billed at $11.99 per month.
Family Sharing also makes Apple One plans even better value. The top tier – Apple One Premier – goes for $39.95 per month, and includes every single Apple service: Music, TV+, Arcade, News+, Fitness+, and 2TB of iCloud storage. That’s $78.94 per month worth of value. Split with even one other person, Apple One Premier is a real good deal.
Family Sharing also lets you share purchases you’ve made with other members of your group. Not only does this work with iPhone and iPad apps, many Mac apps available via the Mac App Store also support Family Sharing. Even Final Cut Pro – a $499.99 purchase – can be shared via Family Sharing. If everyone in your family loves to edit video , that’s a big saving.
How To Switch To An Apple Music Family Plan On The Mac
Now that you’ve got everything squared away with an active family subscription to Apple Music, you can share it with family members by setting up Family Sharing. Family Sharing will allow you to add a family member to your Apple Music family plan. You can do this process on a Mac or any device running iOS or iPadOS.
Each family group can only be moderated by one adult, who should be the same person whose Apple ID has an active family plan subscription to Apple Music. That person should follow the steps below to ensure proper setup.
Screen Time Provides Additional Control
Apple Family Sharing also comes with a feature called Screen Time. In addition to setting time limits for apps and services remotely, organizers and guardians can also use it to complement the Ask to Buy feature with further restrictions on iTunes and App Store purchases. Make sure to put it to good effect.
Screen Time is accessible via iPhone/iPad Settings > Screen Time. Its also available on Macs running macOS Catalina or higher . For more details, check our Screen Time guide.
How To Fix Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working
If Apple Music family sharing has stopped working on your devices, the following guide is all you need as it shows a number of ways to get around the issue and share your Apple Music subscription with your family members. Read on to learn all the available fixes for the issue.
With the family sharing option enabled and an Apple Music subscription, you can let your entire family enjoy all of the music tracks that the service has for you. Apple has been kind enough to allow you to share your Apple Music subscription with your family members so they dont feel left out. For some users, though, the sharing feature doesnt seem to be working well and they are unable to let their family members access their subscription.
If the family sharing feature is not working for Apple Music on your account, the following guide will be of great use to you. It offers multiple ways of fixing the issue so you are able to share your music tracks with your family members.
Lets check it out:
Don’t Miss: How To Watch Billboard Music Awards 2021
Family Sharing Across Multiple Platforms
One important thing to note is you cant share content from one platform to another. For instance, apps that have been purchased on an iPhone will only work on other family members iPhone devices. Likewise, apps that have been purchased on an Android will only work on family members Android devices.
This cross-platform limitation can be an added complication if half your family is using an iPhone and the other half is using Android. Because of this, both Apple and Google are hoping this feature will encourage your entire family to use smartphones on their platform.
Things are slightly different if you have a family music subscription. With a downloadable app, its possible to access Apple Music on Android and Google Play Music on iPhone.
See If Your Family Member Accepted The Invitation
After you send the invitation, you can check its status.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
On your Mac
Recommended Reading: How Much Music Does Apple Music Have
Family Sharing Share Your Favorite Things With Your Favorite People
Family Sharing lets you and up to five other family members share access to amazing Apple services like Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, Apple Arcade, and Apple Card.1 Your group can also share iTunes, Apple Books, and App Store purchases, an iCloud storage plan, and a family photo album. You can even help locate each others missing devices.
Is Apple Music Lossless Available On Android
If you are thinking about purchasing an Android phone, you may be wondering: Is Apple Music lossless available on Android? There have been several leaks surfacing online about the Android version of Apple Music. First, code from a recent beta release confirmed that lossless support would be coming to Apple Music on Android. The code also provided an idea of how much data would be used if the lossless option was enabled on the Android device.
While the app has a lossless tier, you can listen to it using either Bluetooth or wired headphones. While Bluetooth is technically lossless, it isnt end-to-end lossless, as audiophiles would consider it. That said, it is an excellent option if you can afford them. Apple recommends that you use wired headphones or receivers to listen to the music on your phone.
Learn More Here:
Also Check: How To Start Producing Music At Home
How To Share Your Apple Music Subscription Through A Family Plan
Before sharing your subscription with others, you’ll have to sign up for Apple Music’s Family Plan. The subscription costs $14.99 per month, as opposed to the regular $9.99 subscription.
If you’re signing up for Apple Music for the first time, here’s how to sign up for the Family Plan. If you already have a subscription, you can skip this section.
1. Open the Music app on your iPhone or iPad, and tap “For You” at the bottom of the screen.
2. On the page that opens, tap the red “Try It Now” button.
3. Select “Family,” and then tap “Start Trial.” You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID, or using Face or Touch ID, and you might have to add a payment method.
If you already have a subscription, or if you haven’t already done it, you’ll have to turn on Family Sharing.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, and then tap your name at the top of the screen to open your Apple ID profile.
2. On this screen, tap “Set Up Family Sharing.” In the pop-op that appears, tap “Get Started” to continue, or “Learn more about Family Sharing” for more information.
3. You’ll be presented with a number of ways to use Family Sharing. Tap “Apple Music.”
4. Your device will check that you’re signed up for a Family Plan if you aren’t, you’ll be redirected back to the Music app to sign up for one. If you’re signed up, tap the red “Invite via Messages” button.
5. This will open a text message conversation, where you can send the Family Plan invitation to anyone with an Apple ID.